Website of the Master of Science (M.Sc.) Telecommunication Engineering (TE)
Universidad de Jaén – Linares School of Engineering
DURATION: 3 semesters (full-time)
Start: annually – fall semester in October.
- Academic degree (Bachelor's degree) in Telecommunication Engineering, Information & Communications Engineering, Electronic & Electrical Engineering or related subjects.
- Proficient knowledge of English language (e.g. TOEFL 200 CB, 75 iBT, IELTS 5.5; Cambridge FCE).
- Basic Spanish language skills (Level A1). You may apply before having passed your Level A1 certificate.
Teaching comprises lecture modules, tutorials, and laboratory work. Throughout the first two semesters courses are fully supported by computing and laboratory work. Assessment is based on a mix of formal examinations, course work, various technical assignments and oral presentations. The assessment of the Master Thesis includes an oral examination. The maximum number of students per academic year is 25.
The public prices per ECTS credit are established by the Andalucian Government every academic year.
This master leads to the regulated profession of Telecommunication Engineer, protected by the Spanish law, so these studies could be partially funded by the Andalusian government.
This process is carried out by the Andalusian government in three different phases:
- From 7th to the 11th of March, 2017 (RECOMMENDED for students who require visa).
- From 3st of July to the 25th of August, 2017.
- From 28th of September to the 2th of October, 2017.
More information can be found at http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/innovacioncienciayempresa/sguit/mo_calendario.php
An international agreement is established with the ICE Master of the THM (http://www.thm.de/iem/ice/). Both TE-UJA Master and ICE-THM Master comprise 90 ECTS credits. Some competences of the TE-UJA Master are equivalents to some of the ICE-THM master but not others. The dual degree proposal for UJA students includes: 60 ECTS credits in UJA + 30 ECTS credits in THM + 30 ECTS for master thesis.
Download: BROCHURE (Brochure.pdf) of the M.Sc. course in Telecommunication Engineering